Student Media Body of IIT Kgp

 

Proposal Update: Mr. Mayank Srivastava, Vice President, TSG

Posted on March 26, 2018
Reports

Before answering on the proposals, I would like to share that while contesting the elections, there are many proposals that we put forward, considering the different problems faced by the student community. However, during our tenure, we realize the complexity associated with it at different levels or we find better and more efficient ways to implement the same idea through already existing platforms.




Proposal 1: myKGP

Your first proposal was to create a portal that could integrate a wide range of activities that occur in the campus, from giving information about courses to cab sharing and lost/found portal. You launched the myKGP website on the first day of this year.

What is the approximate status of the number of registrations and the number of viewers of the website?

Mayank:  The basic idea behind myKGP was to integrate social mediums for students to enable them to take help from other students. A lot of background work has been done on the myKGP portal with the help of the already existing team of MetaKGP. MetaKGP had been working on this for long but there were a few algorithms that got stuck in between due to the high complexity of the website. I had talked with Mr. Naresh of MetaKGP during the elections, to get it working as soon as possible.

Yes, the website is not yet complete and not all the tabs have been updated. However, the MetaKGP team and Technology Coordinator of Gymkhana have put a lot of hard work for the back-end of it. The tabs which are not are functional, such as the cab-sharing portal, are because the algorithm of their functioning hasn't yet been derived. How the students will be using these things exactly is under discussion.

Still, there is a reason why it was launched on 1st January 2018. Its launch is to enable the students to access the facilities that we have already started. We didn't actually keep the count of the registrations, as I was informed by the tech-team, the reason being the fact that the data which we got from ERP had certain confidentiality associated with it. As of now, the facility is being integrated so that the back-end process and the interface becomes simplified for the students, and also work is on to get the database to check how myKGP would be serving. However, right now we don’t have sufficient resources currently to conclude whether myKGP is a success or not. The portal isn't as functional as I had expected it to be but it once it is updated, a significant number of people would turn up.


The website has been integrated with ERP. The slow website has made it inaccessible. The same problem was there during the launch as well. Is something being done to correct that?


Mayank:  The whole idea runs behind the fact that institute has (an issue with) the server. We had faced this problem during the Gymkhana website set-up as well that we needed space on a cloud on which we can launch the server, but there was an issue with this. Nishchal and other G.Secs contacted the ERP consultants and we have tried to resolve it. The server support that we got from the institute was not up to the mark. We had followed this problem for a long time and the work right nowis to resolve it. We got the database which is handled by ERP as ERP involves a huge database because it manages the entire student body, staff and faculty associated with the institute. We reported this issue to ERP and this would be resolved soon. The people involved in ERP have been supportive in this for the past three months. Earlier, we had also integrated a complaint portal with their help. The issue would be resolved soon, expectedly by the next two weeks. We are planning to put the website up again, with few additional features.


What is the progress on the integration of a cab sharing portal, a lost/found portal and a buy/sell portal that was supposed to be done soon? When can the launch be expected?

Mayank:  The complexity of algorithms (on how the students will use these features) has to be taken care of, as these tabs are going to be permanent and to be potentially used by everyone at certain point of time. So, we are trying to put up a model which is sustainable. Naresh and Nishchal are involved in this and we expect that by the beginning of next semester when students turn up after the summer vacations, these tabs are fully functional.


What is the purpose and progress of ‘Driver Status’ portal on the website and when will it be launched?

Mayank:  Driver status portal was suggested by the MetaKGP team along with the Cab Sharing; it aims to give the status of the drivers’ availability in the campus. While giving service to 12,000 people, there are peak times when the number of cabs fall short, so the portal aims at informing people of how many cabs or drivers are actually available (in crunch time). Perhaps it is not possible to completely globalize it within the campus, but we aim to deliver this service in the best possible way by the beginning of next semester.


The in-campus calendar on the website shows no updates at any time. Even events organized by the institute are not updated on the website. What are the reasons behind this?

Mayank:  It's not a very difficult task to integrate the various notice boards with the website. We initially started this work on the Gymkhana website, where we would ask people to first inform the Gymkhana of any event that is about to happen within the campus so that the clash of events can be avoided. We have tried to integrate the common repository of notice boards with the Gymkhana website. This would also require link up with all the societies and I personally want to link to all those societies as well, which are not under TSG but plan to conduct events. All these things will be integrated and the Gymkhana website seems a more favourable platform for it (over the myKGP portal) as people would be more habitual to access it.


Do you think that the website is currently being able to fulfil the purpose of bringing together the needs of KGPians?

Mayank:  I had personally talked to a few people before releasing the website. The background for the portal was set the previous semester and launched on January 1 to make the existent features accessible as I found out that other things would take a fairly long time. Few people around me, who accessed the interface, especially for academic related stuff, found it very useful and convincing. Further, Awaaz as a Media Body can get the feedback from the students and I would make sure that the suggestions are implemented.


“The website will also feature a smart system for planning out timetables in a way that distributes the workload evenly among the remaining semesters and takes into account slots and prerequisites.” What is the status of the ‘my Timetable’ tab? How are you planning to do this considering such a diversity in departments and courses? What is the progress on the same and when will it be implemented?

Mayank:  ‘My Timetable’ tab requires good coordination with the UG Students’ Council. I have discussed the same with them. We need to have a repository of all the courses being offered by various departments so that we can plan an algorithm to suggest the students who are willing to take minors and additionals, a structured way to plan their schedule out. We are not hurrying up just for the sake of launching the tab. It takes months of efforts to gather the data and though I’m trying my best to complete as much as possible by the end of my tenure, and if not, the next VP or the tech coordinator who comes in can easily complete this within the first two months of his tenure.


The metaKGP for most of the professors has not been updated well. Are you planning to team up with metaKGP to have it done?

Mayank:  MetaKGP has to be taken into role as they have a team of many proficient coders who can carry: out the back-end work really well, rather than a technology coordinator doing it with a couple of secretaries. MetaKGP ideologies have collaborated with our objectives and the team has helped us a lot. Through MetaKGP and by passing operational methods to the juniors through different mediums, we will make the website sustainable. We need Awaaz to let the candidates know regarding different things that are going on, so that the required consistency is maintained over a longer period of time for the pending things to be completed.


Who is handling the website of myKGP and how will it be handled after your tenure is over?

Mayank:  The technical support is through the technology coordinator of the Technology Students Gymkhana. General secretaries, along with the technology coordinator and VP, have to plan out different policies and coordinate different activities. Also, many resources are taken from MetaKGP team and many other steps have been initiated by them, thus MetaKGP would always play a vital role in to keep it sustainable.

If someone comes with a very good idea which would better the website, it is the responsibility of the Gymkhana office holders along with the technology coordinator and metaKGP team will take this forward very well and also let the candidates know how things will be carried out forward.

It is the responsibility of Awaaz as well to let the candidates know what things are going on, so that instead of making completely brand new proposals which will take a fresh start, they can first complete tasks already in place.


  Proposal 2: Student Support Services

  You proposed a system of Student Support Services to give the student community a platform to express their grievances to the administration to get some solutions.

  You planned to create a committee consisting of a Professor in-charge, a representative from the counselling centre and a student representative. Do we have such a committee or not at the present moment? If yes, who are the people involved in the committee? If no, what are the reasons for the same?

Mayank:  The idea of the Student Support Services was to give students a platform so that their grievances and problems could be solved easily. Students have various resources so that a problem could be solved without any involvement of the administration initially at the student level. The main objective of the proposal was to make a single point of contact so that the problems can be solved and addressed properly. There are various areas from the student support cell who has come up as a specialised supporter in specific domains like Academics, UG, PG, RS, Mess and Maintenance, Health. If students have any problem they would call them and can get the solution to their problems and at the backend, we are also creating a repository of all the FAQs that can be integrated on our website.

Also from last semester, a G-Sec Welfare was also nominated by the committee who is working directly under DoSA. BC Roy Technology Hospital and Counselling centre are a major domain which G-Sec Student Welfare is looking. We are trying to make this committee directly under DoSA, BC Roy Hospital, Counselling Centre, Dean UGS and various other authorities so in the case the problem can not be solved, it could be transferred to the higher authorities so that students' problem could be solved properly.

A tab on ERP was supposed to be introduced for Student Support Services. However, there is no such tab at the moment. The complaint portal only addresses ERP or BCRTH related complaints. What are the reasons behind the same and how soon can this be expected?

ERP is very user-friendly. Everyone on the campus has access to the ERP. There was a proposal of having a tab of Student Support System in the ERP in which anyone can file a complaint of the problem so that the proper action should be taken by the authority in solving these problems. I am already talking to ERP regarding this and it should come up under the complaint section in the ERP very soon.

  Proposal 3: Regarding the External Relations Cell

  Under this proposal, since our institute provides new roads to the student fraternity beyond the core and students have little idea about the corporate life, the external relations cell was planned by you to tackle the situation.

  The external relations cell was initiated in the last semester. Did you face any problems during the process?

Mayank:  Not exactly, the problems that you face initially while starting a cell, is the resistance that you face in making people understand the ideology of how it works. The members of the cell are working good towards the cause we had planned but it was complicated.

Who are the student members of the cell and what was their selection procedure? What is the plan for the upcoming selections in the next semester? Who is the Professor-in-charge of this cell?

Initially, I had planned to keep it under the umbrella of the Career Development Centre and the people who come up as the Department Representatives will team up to work for the welfare of the first and second years through External Relations Cell for Placements and further preparations. So, we decided that CDC Department Representatives would be continuing but further, to reach out to juniors you need people from the junior batches as well. This was a flexible idea and when you start working towards a cause, you understand and face the problems in coordination of different things. For example, one of the challenges was the change of the person in the authority. In my tenure, there was a change in the Dean of Student Affairs, Gymkhana President and CDC Chairman. Initially, in a meeting, the Director had proposed to have something related to the placements and develop a mechanism so that we can help the juniors as well. Taking that into consideration, I clubbed this up and with the help of previous CDC Chairman (Professor Debasis Deb), I initiated this saying that when different events will be into place and we have something strong ready with us rather than just forming a group of people and declaring them as a team, we will do some work and produce it as a repository of our work and ideologies. So, I am in talks with Professor G P Raja Shekhar as well and we are planning to take it under CDC. If there is some issue with CDC, it can as well go on ahead without the same. The idea is to connect the people of the campus to the external people who are already into the corporate world and know about things happening around them so that we can facilitate students with different resources. As of now, there is no Professor-in-Charge of this cell but soon, I am planning to have a meeting with CDC. If not CDC, I will take it under DoSA or any relevant authority that can help us.

I will try to complete it in my tenure as it is difficult to communicate each and every plan and idea to the next person.

What are the initiatives taken by the cell to serve its purpose? How successful were the ‘Career Talks’ and ‘Resume It’ in terms of participation?

The first event that we had on Career Talks was in Kalidas Auditorium and we had a good participation of about 200 students. So, I would say that the purpose has reached to the students and the initiatives were to make people understand what we are going to do. Another initiative is the Mentor-Mentee program to connect the juniors with the already placed seniors who have time and can help them. We are planning to have events at different levels like in Halls instead of auditoriums as we have seniors in the hall itself and juniors could go to the common rooms to hear what they have to say. Further, there was an initiative by Shovan (Vice President, TSG, 2016-17) last year as well regarding Career Conclave. I am planning to link it with the work of External Relations cell since the concept is the same.

What has been the role of other societies that you mentioned in your proposal in the establishment?

Collaboration comes up when the ideology towards which you are working is similar and the resources with the two bodies can help each other out. We have not collaborated with any society but we have taken help of different student bodies on the campus. Like the events in the halls that we talked about, so, we will be talking to the Student Senate, the UG, PG and RS Student Council to organize Departmental specific events. One of our members conducted for 10 to 12 students of his department in the new library area. So, the collaboration will be there and we will also take help from societies such as Communique as well since they have a similar motive.

You proposed two Corporate Summits, one in each semester. Why couldn’t it be implemented in the last semester? Would it be held in the coming two months?

The idea of the Corporate Summit was to have many things at a single place and time. Last semester it was not possible because the cell had just formed we were occupied at defining its source and abilities. So, we are planning one this semester with different stakeholders which can be easily available. As you can see, one of the events the Career talk is an element of the Corporate Summit that has already been started. We will further try to organize one more with different elements making it easier for students to understand.


Proposal 4

  You had proposed this cell to bridge the gap between professor and student community outside the classroom. There were plans of faculty-student and student-student meetups to discuss similar interests and create a productive environment.

  We didn’t see this cell being formed despite the fact that it was approved by the Dean Faculty and some other professors. What are the reasons for the same and the problems encountered up to now? How soon can we expect the cell to be formed?

Mayank:  To form a group to sit together or to have some meetings is not a big issue or problem but one can see that there are a number of societies and organisations who are working on these type of issues to decrease the gap between the faculty and the students.

The basic idea of having a faculty interaction cell was to bridge the gap between professors and student community, but specifically, there was no need in such to form a cell.

At the time of giving proposals, I took these issue as it was not carried out by any of the previous gymkhana position holders but when I got into the tenure, I got to know that there are different people who are in contact with the faculty and can very well organise a program, so to form a different cell for the same was not necessary. One can notice that we have conducted different faculty interaction programmes with the consultation of institute council and many other position holders.

One such programme was the mass sensitization programme, which was a great success with respect to the kind of response we received from the first years.

I also talked with the HMC for the internship programmes. The Institute has different sections where different skill sets can be taken into account and students can be given a chance to work with them. We have purchase section, state office and we also have different sections in administration for the students to work along with them. I initiated these with HMC and there are interns in which HMC pays decently so that the incentives don't look very less as compared with the incentives that companies provide.

Now just to improve the bonding and interaction, faculty advisors can have maximum 40 students so that they can interact with each and every student personally. There are many programmes coming with the main goal to increase the interaction. In the previous year, we had a reach out programme and we are planning to have this again after the end semester exams.

43:30 onwards- From recent welfare domain, we organised many small meetups for students and faculties. “Let’s go home” together was one such initiative in which DoSA and Dean UGS himself came to talk to students to see what exactly students go through during exams. There are a lot of things going on and I didn't feel a need of forming a cell. So, now I am trying to formalise these all things and give these to someone responsible for it so that we can develop a culture of faculty students interaction rather than forming a cell for it.

Do you think that student-faculty interaction is satisfactory right now? Have you heard about some feedback from the professors?

Mayank:  Departments try to organise many interaction meetings just to ensure the best type of interaction they can have with the students but the turnout from the student side is not so good. The administration has completely supported regarding this. Professors call everyone from the department through the best possible ways but everyone doesn't turn up and the main agenda for the meeting vanishes. I got these feedback from professors about the turn-up.

I just wanted to say that there is no harm in listening to the faculties and professors for getting better opportunities ahead. I appreciate that students choose their own path and carrier but the main problem about interaction can be well resolved when students will also support the faculty.

    Proposal 5: Efficient Room Allocation

  You have proposed to increase the number of meeting hubs within the institute. The plans were the allotments of classrooms for this purpose.

  We didn’t see any such things to happen even after the approval of Dean SA and President TSG. What are the reasons behind this? What is the progress on the same and when could we expect this to start functioning?

Mayank:  We started with the proposal last semester. The procedure of the booking through establishment section is pretty complex. When you go to the establishment section for booking, you get a memo and it has to be circulated to eight different authorities. The memo floats to many levels within the administration, including the security and AV cell. The difficulty that we face is that when we make things digitized, we’ll need to make the person sitting in that place (of administration) proficient enough to use the interface. We can launch it on a small scale, such as making Vikramshila and Main building as the primary roots. Kalidas and Netaji auditorium don’t seem to be feasible because in that case, AV cell needs to be included very efficiently, otherwise there won’t be background support in the auditorium.

HMC is working on making booking procedures online. I, along with Vaibhav, who had a similar proposal, went to the establishment section and found out that all the authorities are working towards centralized digitalization of booking online. We were satisfied by the approach of the administration and it will most probably be functional within two to three months. The students haven’t been given the access yet.

This whole system will be initiated by an office order through the administration. Work has already been started, and almost 75% of the work is done. The only thing which is left is to make other people (involved in different sections) sit and learn how to use the interface effectively. Once the pilot mode is tried and tested, it will be centrally released for use. I’ll be trying my best to make sure this happens by the end of my tenure.

You told that most of the people at different cells in the authority have to be trained regarding using digital interface. Do you have plans for such a training program?

Mayank:  It’s not easy for a VP to organize this sort of a training program, as it has to go through administration. When we had a lot of depression cases, there were gatekeeper programs for hall wardens, faculty advisors etc. to train them to laterally point out people whom they find needing support. The administration does conduct such programs regularly and once it is decided that we are coming up with the online portal, this issue will definitely come up. So, the training program is very much expected and required. Also, collaboration with the VP will be required, as students and professors at different levels will be using it. Even if one of the cells or layer of authority is incompetent with his, it may cause a breakdown, so sufficient training and collaboration is a necessity.

  Proposal 6: You had proposed the idea of Fair Play award, where the winning team will be awarded 10% additional GC points if they win FP award. This has been made so as to maintain the decorum of the game.

  Why couldn’t this proposal be implemented for this year’s GC?

Mayank:  This proposal was just regarding policy making and can be considered as the easiest proposal to implement. The PTI who is present there in the game can also simply decide who played the game fairly. The problem that I think was that some unfortunate events that happened after the game was over, they happened not because of the players who played, but due to some elements in the crowd who initiated something that was not appropriate. So, I planned to create an idea of self-responsibility among the players and the audience so that they can understand that their one deed can affect the effort of the entire team. I discussed this with the President as well but there was a difference in ideology. We need to discuss it in an executive council since it involves amending the Gymkhana constitution. Even many changes that have been brought in elections have not been updated in the Gymkhana constitution. I started working on this from the last semester and we have planned to update all the Gymkhana awards, posts including Welfare post and the fair play award; and with its implementation, we need to look whether it is going to affect the tempo or overall idea of general championship. So as of now, in this General Championship, no such event or anything has happened seriously for which we have to put pressure on both the side to not to do something to demotivate your hall and support them. So I think we are in strong need of it right now so that we behave very responsibly and smartly. So, there is no need to implement such restrictive proposals on the tempo of GC matches. We will be discussing it and we are going to implement in the next GC. And in the coming week, we would be having a council meeting in which different stakeholders would come up and we will take the final decision.

GENERAL QUESTIONS


What were the other initiatives taken by you in your tenure apart from your proposals?

I will like to tell the students and the upcoming candidates who try to find out different problems impacting different stakeholders and making proposals for the same that they do propose different things they can come up with, but when you start working you get to know that there are other domains which need immediate attention. You need to focus with the GSecs and other position holders on the immediate needs which are needed at this point of time.

There were a number of initiatives that I started. There is an online counselling service YourDost which is started and functional from the last semester. YourDost was an immediate need since a suicide happened just at that point of time. Further, we planned a lot for re-initiating Shaurya and I have talked to the GSecs and other sports people. What we have done is that rather than keeping it as open we will take specific expert teams which will help us in regulating resources. I, along with the Deputy Director, Gymkhana President and DoSA planned it really well. But the planning takes time and that is why we were not able to execute it, so we have planned to implement it form next academic session.

Another thing which I remember is the Zakir Khan show in Nehru Hall of Residence to improve the social environment condition of the campus. Further, I was working towards the concept of cycle sharing services from the last August. I talked with the director and after much discussion, a committee was formed with DoSA, Dean UGS and other some professors. It finally has gone through and in principle, it has been approved and we are working on the final stage of it. If things go fine we will integrate it in this semester itself. That is one major thing which will help the student community in terms of transport mediums which we have in the campus.

Further, there is the Gymkhana Constitution that we have been working on. We have conducted many small interaction programmes such as the mass sensitization. We have come up with Hall GSec Welfare and the Institute Wellness group which has taken great initiatives. These things quite sum up different things which have shown its impact.

Further, I had a meeting with Director after the Open House and not only in ill-mental health and BC Roy Hospital domain but I have also proposed different things which in principle if approved by Director, we can very well start working on it. There was an action plan which has been circulated to all the students which involves thirty-forty points.

The major thing in it which I think will directly affect the students is the involvement of National Welfare Organization which in principle has been approved. That will be taken care by Rekhi Centre for Happiness and SandHI, IIT Kharagpur. So what we have proposed is to have NCO along with NCC, NSS and NSO for the first and second-year students. In this, people who are proficient in any cultural domain can have regular weekly classes so that they can develop their skills and people with same interests can come together. I got this idea from IIT Madras in the SPAN meet.

There are other things in the Action Plan which in principle have been approved and been worked on.


What were the things done to ensure that the suggestions, feedback and complaints reach to the concerned student representatives such as the General Secretaries and Vice-President and they get addressed?

This is the major responsibility of all the Gymkhana position holders that they have to take into account. They should be dynamically coordinating with the students to know exactly which problems they are facing. In the complaints portal we have implemented different sections such that if you file a complaint, it is visible on the ERP of different stakeholders of different positions, so it will be hierarchy-wise. Example, if BC Roy Hospital is working on a certain complaint the DoSA and Deputy Director can also see. In this way, different stakeholders are being interconnected through the interface so that if a complaint goes it is in the account of different stakeholders and not only a single person. So this idea of escalation matrix has been imposed. In fact, in CDC we have a different level of inputs. If you have problems related to anything you can contact Placecoms in the first place. Secondly, if it has not been solved you can directly go to the CDC office to get your queries addressed. So by this, we have tried to make people from all authorities work collaboratively. Further, I feel that being the VP or the GSec doesn’t mean that we are isolated from the student community. If you have any problem you reach us and we appreciate the suggestions from the student community. I have also got different emails regarding different issues and suggestions. I remember there was a mail sent by a first-year student to install a safety mirror near the arena to prevent any mishappenings. I just forwarded the mail to the concerned authority and it was installed within a week. That is why it is important for all the position holders to stay in touch with each other regarding different developments which are taking place. For the people who are reaching out, I would not say that do not reach out to us for each and every problem that you have but there are many things which can be tackled easily if you just think about it. This will help us to save time while working towards the similar cause.

What were the areas in which you faced a lot of problems while working and how do you feel those things can be improved?

The main responsibility while being a Vice President TSG was to coordinate between different authorities and involve more and more participation. I worked on an ideology of collaborating with the world rather than single-handed efforts. So, I appointed few different positions in the gymkhana just to channelize the thought we have regarding any event.

The problems I faced during my tenure were when we had something new out of the box to implement for students then there is resistance from the administration. Now, faculties do not take actions out of the box. We students think of it as we are very enthusiastic to do work for the one-year opportunity we got. But, it’s not an obstacle from the administration. It depends how on well you have coordinated and how well you convince the administration to make them realise that idea or that basic need is mainly why we require it. So, there was not any major obstacle but the time was very less and there were a lot of things happening around, maybe the result would have been better if I had one or two more months.

I always like suggestions and also received very good suggestions. So, I work by taking suggestions from people and motivating them for their suggestions and not only that but also something which is very fruitful for me, the Gymkhana and the student body.

What scope of improvement do you see?

The scope of improvement I see is that things should be made transparent.

Even in the Open House, there were different clips randomly made by different people at different places and the response was against the administration. What I did was combining all reports from different people, gave it to the Deans, and got the administrative responses. So that was an example how easily you could get communication being done. It is important for any position holder to inform people about his/her work. You should be transparent enough because people can understand the problems and the difficulty we face while the implementation of the proposals. That was the main moto of that happening because I want this to be carried out in future as well. If you have any proposals and they have been implemented as well, it is always good to let people know about it because the successor coming up is from them only. So, transparency is one thing that should be understood and followed and people here are very supportive.

I have got a lot of support for whatever I thought and whatever I planned and many things have been implemented. Faculty members, students and even CDC members, everyone was very supportive to stand with me every time.

What do you want to address to the student community and the future position holders?

I will try to emphasize that the position holders give a kind of self-service. So, what we need is motivation from the students’ side. We know that some things we do are not up to expectations. You can very well criticize it and complain about different things, but finally, the people who are working are the second and third-year students who try their best to serve the student community. In the end, we would love your support in order to keep ourselves enthusiastic.

So, if the student community will interact properly and try to address well to the problems they face, I think everyone here is genuine and very good in order to give their service and further, there are different things that are being initiated by people, at least just have a check what is implemented because I have seen that many people who know very few things that have been taken into consideration. For example, the idea of Google Groups. Google Groups are initiatives to have a channelized medium for spreading messages across student community. We have different google groups for different year of students. Now suppose you are in second year and have TSG second year group, it will be continued in the third year as well. So, once you join the group, then during your complete tenure you won’t need to come up and ask again to get into the google group. Further when you will graduate 20-30 years after that, still a google group with all of your batchmates will exist. So, it serves as a very good medium to reach many students. But, what I have seen is that many people do not join the group or they keep the notifications off. But it is only for their convenience. If you get a mail with useful information, it benefits you.

So, what I am trying to point out is that the initiatives that have been taken, students should have a fair knowledge about that. Gymkhana pages, Facebook profiles and all other social pages are mainly created so that the students get to know each and every happening in the campus and have a good amount of knowledge of the different initiatives taken by the institute.

If people want, I can definitely share the minutes of the meeting. Rest, everyone is very cooperative and very supportive and I enjoyed my tenure. Everyone else with me has also done a very good job.

Share this article on:


Related Articles

Jewels Of KGP: Mr. Shrey Goyal

Posted on: Sept 07, 2018

Disha Seema Centre School: A KGPian's classic tale of selfless service

Posted on: August 20, 2018

Jewels of KGP: Dr. Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay

Posted on: Apr 01, 2018

Survey Analysis: A Report on B C Roy Technology Hospital

Posted on: March 27, 2018

Proposal Update: Mr. Mayank Srivastava, Vice President, TSG

Posted on: March 26, 2018

Jewels Of KGP: Mr. Siddartha Khastgir

Posted on: March 15, 2018

Need Of Basic Amenities

Posted on: March 13, 2018

Lean In, IIT Kharagpur

Posted on: March 8, 2018

Jewels of KGP: Mr. Shailendra Kumar

Posted on: Feb 24, 2018

Jewels of KGP: Dr. Harish Hande

Posted on: Nov 11, 2017

Awaaz : Do's & don'ts for Department Change

Posted on: Nov 5, 2017

National Digital Library: A gift from IITKGP

Posted on: October 15, 2017

Know Your Professor: Parama Barai

Posted on: Oct 12, 2017

Jewels of KGP : Mr. Lakshya Jain

Posted on: October 6th, 2017

Happiness Project: What Made Me

Posted on: August 31, 2017

Know Your Professor: Debalay Chakrabarti

Posted on: Aug 28, 2017

Jewels of KGP : Mr. Sikhar Patranabis

Posted on: August 08, 2017

The Synthetic Track Fiasco

Posted on: August 08, 2017

Know Your Professor: Joy Sen

Posted on: May 8, 2017

NSO H&F and its Relevance

Posted on: April 18, 2017

There's more than meets the eye

Posted on: April 15, 2017

Know Your Professor: Suman Chakraborty

Posted on: April 13, 2017

GYWS: A Big Step Towards Transformation

Posted on: April 10, 2017

Campus Politics at IITs

Posted on: April 02, 2017

Artificial Intelligence: Motivation, Implications & Application

Posted on: April 01, 2017

Will IIT KGP Ever Go Cashless?

Posted on: March 28, 2017

What If I had Turned Off the Switches?

Posted on: 23 March, 2017

An Interview with Commander V.K Jaitley

Posted on: March 8, 2017

Shedding Light on a Dark Subject!

Posted on: Mar 05, 2017

Jewels Of Kgp : Parag Havaldar

Posted on: Feb 22, 2016

NSS: Is it Relevant or Not?

Posted on: Feb 9, 2017

Jewels of Kgp : Pratish Datta

Posted on: Feb 1, 2017

Know Your Professor: Navtej Singh

Posted on: Jan 30, 2017

Know Your Professor : Somesh Kumar

Posted on: Jan 24, 2017

Know Your Professor : Asish Ganguly

Posted on: Jan 9, 2017

Return of The Fee Hike

Posted on: Dec 15, 2016

Human Rights : 'Right to Information'

Posted on: Nov 12, 2016

Learn Earn Return

Posted on: Nov 4, 2016

Science of Happiness

Posted on: Nov 1, 2016

Illumination: The Light in Kgp's Night

Posted on: Oct 29, 2016

Jewels of Kgp : Madhav Datt

Posted on: Oct 28, 2016

Foreign University Training: A Beginner's Guide

Posted on: Oct 22, 2016

CV Module: Complex Mess or Uniformly reliable?

Posted on: 19 August , 2016

Information Portal

Posted on: July 26, 2016

Election "tab" aur "ab"

Posted on: April 3, 2016

How Safe are you ?

Posted on: March 27, 2016

A Big Mess in the 'Mess'

Posted on: March 06, 2016

Placements(Phase 1) : 2015-16

Posted on: February 07, 2016

Guest Lecture: Shoojit Sircar

Posted on: January 28, 2016

Critical Analysis of QS World Rankings

Posted on: November 10,2015

Copyright © 2018 - All Rights Reserved - Awaaz, Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur